Tuesday, March 2, 2010

When "Current Affairs" Becomes An Inspiration for Poetry!


Bill Gates’ gave Windows to world
Facebook Twitter rocks
Hawkings wrote the history of time
Jackson’s goodbye shocks

Tigerwood’s spicy love life
Roger is the Champion
Sachin keeps breaking records
In Cricket on his own

Wallstreet guru Buffet’s Berkshire
Branson’s virgin empire
Mittal rules the metal kingdom
Mallya thrives on Beer

Leonardo keeps stealing hearts
Cameroon won awards
Adams tops on cloud number nine
Beyonce bags rewards

Obama is here to bring change
But Afghan curbs the thrills
Bin Laden is said to be lost
In Torabora hills

Recession taught pricey lessons
Making nations wise
Economies do take a break at times
Now I realize

Lots of tales to tell you
But I wonder who really cares?
So I fold this simple poem
Penned on current affairs!

Picture Courtesy: google -images

3 comments:

Wilfy said...

Nice Humerous poem Robert, keep writing more..

Simple Dreams said...

Hi Wilfy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think English Poetry is not the cup of my coffee but perhaps a glass of grapefruit juice! :)

Earlbattsjr59@gmail.com said...

I like the salvaged line on change, Tiger was also good.
Buffet was/and still freaks me out! But um jealous, your work's good! And some more..